Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The hardes thing about being a Mother (in my opinion)



DaLilah is now 7 months old and I have put off the whole crying thing to sleep for almost 3 months now. So this last week DaLilah has been screaming every time I put her down or walk out of the room. It has been driving me crazy (literally). So after not listening to my pediatrition and letting it get this bad I had a long talk with my good friend Brooke. Her baby sleeps through the night and is not nearly as clingy as DaLilah. So today I did it. I let her scream herself to sleep for her nap. It was the hardest thing ever. I wanted to go save her but I knew this would be better for her and us in the long run. Lets just hope I can stick with it. And lets also hope Hans will stick with it too. So finally after not hearing her cry anymore I went in to check on her. She must have scooted to the other end of the crib where her toys are. No wonder she didn't cry very long she had been playing. LOL. She is and will always be my little stinker.

8 comments:

Lisa Loeffler said...

She's a little missy alright! I know it's so hard to hear your baby cry, but it's one of those necessary evils! Keep us posted on how she does!

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

That is the hardest thing ever! I couldn't do it after several attempts and I deeply regret it. Not that my daughter is bad, but she can't go to sleep with out us and she is 2 and a half. Keep it up you will both be happier in the long run. I promise!

Mitch said...

Hi Loni....Lexey started crawling this week...finally. She is almost 11 months. So she was behind the curve it seemed like. Anyway, about the sleeping thing, I know its tough, Lexey has gone through some weird stages and she would cry up to 45 min which seemed like an eternity and was hard to hear but we would just turn the tv up way loud to drown it out...what is the point of listening to it you know? Then after it would stop she was OUT COLD. She has been a pretty good sleeper. We have been very lucky. But yeah just be tough okay? Take care!

Mitch said...

oh by the way, we use a fan to drown out noise and it helps a ton! do you do that? Or some kind of noise maker?

Brittany said...

Hey... She might teething, i dont know. I have multiple times thought that lex was teething! so when she was really fussy i just give her tylenol or gum numbing stuff. Lexey's doctor said that there is no way of knowing if they are teething. He said that they will just one day pop up! And you will be like oh haha that is why you are so cranky!

Lexey still most of the time gets sad when we leave the room also. But I try and ignore it or talk to her while i am in the other room! Dililah reminds me of Lex so much!

brooke and josh said...

Way to go Loni! I am so proud of you! I definatly agree... It is so hard... But you'll thank me in the end!

Hillary Corpuz said...

Its hard Loni, but it's so worth it in the end!! Call if you ever need to cry while she cries, I will probably cry right along with ya.

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

I am 17 weeks along. You were so lucky to not have morning sickness!! I have heard of these rumors but don't believe it. How is your baby doing?